ACCOUNTING CLERK I
Location - NASSAU COUNTY
Looking for an accounting clerk position with one of Nassau County's largest employers. $13.58/hr Monday- Friday 8:30AM-5PM
Temp to hire
Please email resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org- subject line, Accounting Clerk
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Pre-audits purchases to determine if expenditures are within budget, serves the public purpose, and follow purchasing policies and procedures.
2.Reviews invoices, purchase orders, reimbursement requests, travel vouchers, and other transactions for completeness, compliance with established policies and procedures, and proper authorizations; resolves issues prior to data input.
3. Enters transactions into the MUNIS accounting system after reviewing for accuracy.
4. After data input, process A/P checks and run all associated reports to be distributed.
5. Process ACH transactions through the same process as A/P checks.
6. Maintains accounts payable files (i.e. projects, grants & contracts).
7. Prepares journal entries.
8.Maintains Excel spreadsheets used in tracking various county projects (payments, change orders, etc.) when requested.
9. Responds to requests for information in compliance with state laws.
10. Administers interdepartmental charges and billing.
11. Maintains all W-9 information on all vendors and processes annual 1099’s.
12. All other duties/tasks required by the Clerk or Chief of Operations.
- Must have one (1) to three (3) years of related experience.
- Performs accurate and fast data entry on computer keyboard.
- Must be proficient with 10-key and data entry.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, and able to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have working basic knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Must have workable knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office software and the internet.
- Must have workable knowledge in the use of Excel.
To apply for this position, please click here.