Location - Nassau County
DIRECT HIRE FOR an Internal Governmental Auditor
Starting salary for this position is $51,845.00 annual/$26.5872 hourly (salary could change based on qualifications/experience of the applicant)
Please apply at www.satillatemps.com and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com; subject line- Internal Auditor.
Purpose of Job:
- Assists in the review and appraisal of Clerk and Board of County Commissioners operations to determine the adequacy of internal controls, compliance with laws, rules and regulations, and to assure the reliability, accuracy and completeness of records. Under limited supervision, the Internal Auditor will be responsible for conducting audits, reviews, consulting engagements, and special projects for the Clerk. These duties relate to but are not limited to, decision support and management for the Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps to ensure that Clerk and Board of County Commissioner (“BOCC”) operations
- comply with Florida Statutes, Federal laws, ordinances, and policies and procedures.
- Plans and conducts audit assignments in a manner consistent with auditing standards,
- including generally accepted auditing standards (issued by the Comptroller General of the
- United States) and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal
- Auditing (issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors).
- Analyzes, evaluates, and reports on established policies, procedures, and internal controls
- to assess the reliability of financial and management information presented; makes
- recommendations for improvement to assure accountability, transparency, and the
- safeguarding of public assets.
- Assists in the development of a periodic risk assessment and the annual audit plan of Clerk
- and County operations; identifies specific risks, audit areas, objectives, and priorities.
- Collects necessary data through interviews, observations, and other appropriate research
- Analyzes supporting evidence to draw logical conclusions and develop appropriate
- findings, corrective actions, and recommendations.
- Prepares complete and accurate documentation of work performed.
- Prepares comprehensive written audit and investigative reports based on findings and
- Conducts periodic cash counts, appraisals, investigations, and reviews.
- Assists and supports the Clerk at public and professional meetings, including BOCC
- meetings, as well as scheduled and unscheduled meetings with BOCC departments,
- outside agencies, consultants, citizen groups, and vendors. These meetings may occur
- day or night.
- Assists in audit follow-up procedures and monitoring activities to determine the
- implementation of corrective actions and recommendations.
- Consults with management and staff to review operations and activities, review and resolve
- problems, receive advice and direction, and provide recommendations.
- Maintains confidentiality of information learned or acquired as part of the position, which, if
- disclosed, might have an adverse internal effect or objectionable outside result.
- All other tasks and/or duties as required by the Clerk or Chief of Operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance,
- business, economics, public administration, or related field required.
- Professional certification in one or more of the following is preferred: Certified Public
- Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Inspector General Auditor (CIGA),
- Certified Inspector General Investigator (CIGI), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or other
- related certification.
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) certificate is desired at the time of hire but shall be obtained within
- an agreed-upon time frame following the official date of hire.
- Must have three (3) to five (5) years of auditing experience.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in government auditing.
- Must have ability to apply current auditing and investigatory standards and management
- principals to policies, practices, and systems to evaluate compliance.
- Effectively communicate with auditees to accomplish audit objectives and present audit
- findings in a clear, concise, accurate, and objective manner through audit reports and
- oral presentations.
- Proficiency in application software, including the development of customized
- spreadsheets, use of databases, and word processing.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, and control activities.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must have ability to solve complex problems and work with others to accomplish
- common goals.
- Must be able to establish, maintain, and prepare complex records and reports on a timely
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions,
- recommendations, and plans of action.
- Ability to interview and conduct interrogations and investigations.
- Ability to research and understand statutes, policies, and manuals to ensure compliance in the
- areas of governmental accounting.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak, and write the English language.
To apply for this position, please click here.