Administrative Records Specialist 1
Location - Nassau County
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
and email@example.com with subject line
Direct Hire Adminstrative Records Specialist
$14.67/hr. NIGHT MEETINGS REQUIRED
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve the public by answering questions and researching records in order to fulfill public records requests.
- Attend meetings, record meetings, prepare, distribute and maintain accurate minutes (summary, verbatim and/or detailed) of official meetings of the BOCC or their appointed boards or committees as required.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of notes of meetings that reflect a summary of actions of meetings in a timely manner.
- Assist with processing paper work by scanning and distributing approved copies to all appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Maintain a variety of tangible files (including correspondence, contracts and agreements, bids, litigation files, historical files, ordinances and resolutions and minute books); and retrieve materials as requested; distribute MuniCode supplements. Track purchasing contracts less than $50,000 value that are approved by the County Manager.
- Post County issued Meeting Notices as required.
- Attend and record bid openings; issue contract numbers as needed.
- Assist in the performance of Value Adjustment Board (VAB) functions including filing petitions, processing payments, resolved and withdrawn petitions.
- Assist with maintaining and updating cross-reference books as needed.
High School Diploma or related equivalent required.
- Must have one (1) to three (3) years of related experience
- Must be able to operate general office equipment, especially a computer and transcribing
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, and able to work as part of a team
- Ability to compose meeting minutes and take accurate meeting notes rapidly
- Ability to compose business correspondence
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must have a valid State driver’s license
- Workable knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office software, Digital Court Reporting software, Granicus software, and Axia software preferred
- General understanding of BOCC functions and meeting procedures
To apply for this position, please click here.