Location - Nassau County
IT Technician II with Nassau County
TEMP TO HIRE opportunity $21.56/hr.
To apply complete the application at www.satillatemps.com and send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com referencing IT Technician
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the SSA in the administration of the LAN/WAN network and Wi-Fi. Ensures all data and the network are secure and adheres to the backup procedures. Provides setup for employee data access needs.
2. Proactively monitors daily reports to ensure the data backups, replications and antivirus scans are performing normally. Takes measures to correct any issues on these systems, if they arise.
3. Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitor, keyboards, printers and disk drives, according to the installation specifications. This would include any new workstations as required.
4. Responsible for ensuring that all new employees have met CJIS security requirements before starting work in restricted court software.
5. Delegates help desk requests to appropriate IT staff to ensure timely resolution for end users. As a part of help desk duties, answers client inquires, both in person or over the phone, concerning system operations, hardware or software. Perform the necessary resolution steps to correct any issues.
6. Loads specific software packages such as operation software, Microsoft Office and other court related software.
7. Under supervision of the SSA, updates and makes timely changes to the website.
8. Responsible for extracting data from clerk systems and filing monthly/quarterly reports for state requirements, as necessary.
9. Performs configuration and updates to Cisco phone system. Installs phones, configures voicemail, generates schedules for courthouse holidays and updates extension information for all departments.
10. Performs troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.).
11. Provides orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and hardware.
12. Manages documentation of clerk processes and procedures, including specifications for design, development and testing.
13. Performs all other duties as required by the Clerk of Court and/or Chief of Operations.
KnowleKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university, or applicable professional certifications in Information Technology, preferred.
· Must have five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience.
· Must be able to operate general office equipment, especially a computer.
· Must be able to comprehend, speak, and write the English language.
· Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, and able to work as part of a team.
· Must be highly organized and be able to anticipate deadlines.
· Workable knowledge of VMware and Active Directory required.
· Must have workable knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10, Windows Server and administration and Application Platforms.
· Knowledge of Cisco Networking environment is a plus.
· Knowledge of programming language(s) and software development is a plus.
· Interacts with the public when dealing with information regarding the Information Technology department.
· Regularly interacts with internal customers when dealing with information regarding computers, internet, e-mail, printers, copiers, fax machines and phones.
· Regularly interacts with Clerk staff at all levels (Executive, Directors, Supervisors, etc.) when relaying information and requests from the Director of IT.
· Interacts with vendors when dealing with hardware and software systems.
· Work is performed in normal office environment with little or no exposure to hazards.
· Work is performed exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Work requires sitting, basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions approximately 50 percent of the time.
· Work requires bending, standing, stooping and reaching while retrieving and refiling files, etc.
· Work requires seeing, talking and hearing constantly while answering phones, assisting customers, etc.
· Work requires some travel to meetings, conferences, training seminars, etc.
· Flexible hours are sometimes required
To apply for this position, please click here.