Location - Nassau County
RECORDING CLERK: $24,645.00 Salary
This is a Temp to Hire Opportunity with one of Nassau County's largest employers. Regular work hours are Mon - Fri 8:30 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Checks and figures documents to ensure proper signatures, notary acknowledgements, recording fees to be paid, documentary stamps, and intangible taxes.
2. Records documents from an electronic image via E-Recording.
3. Inputs information such as payee, document type, page count, considerations, and payment amounts. Documents are then assigned instrument numbers and book/page numbers.
4. Ensures that the best possible image of the instrument is scanned. Additionally, checks for legible, proper instrument number and page count, for our system, and the web site. Returns instrument to the customer.
5. Checks to see that documents are being sent to the correct place and actually preparing those documents for mailing.
6. Issues marriage licenses, including receipting the payment and recording the license.
7. Issues home solicitation permits with information obtained from Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and the Nassau County Sheriff’s Department.
8. Performs customer service duties that include, but are not limited to, answering questions, instructing customers on the use of equipment and systems.
9. Enters vital information on the documents to ensure they can be retrieved. This information will assist in the research and retrieval of these documents for future reference.
10. All other duties/tasks required by the Clerk or Chief of Staff.
• High School Diploma or related equivalent required.
• Must have workable knowledge of Microsoft Word and the Internet.
Skills assessment will be administered in office as part of the application process.
Apply today at www.satillatemps.com and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, please click here.